Compare Lowe's Home Improvement vs Havertys BETASee how working at Lowe's Home Improvement vs. Havertys compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Lowe's Home Improvement vs. Havertys. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Lowe's Home Improvement scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and % Recommend to a friend.
- Havertys scored higher in 4 areas: Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- Lowe's Home Improvement had 1,075 more reviews than Havertys that mentioned "Good benefits" as a Pro.
- Lowe's Home Improvement had 498 more reviews than Havertys that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I worked at Lowe's Home Improvement part-time for less than a year
Lowe’s provides all employees with benefits and opportunities to be promoted within the company. They provide a safe environment to work in as well.
They do expect you to work over your allotted hours each week when needed
I worked at Havertys full-time for more than a year
You can make a lot of money here if you apply yourself and are a people person.
It’s retail. Ours are long and sometimes is boring and other times you’re absolutely slammed
Advice to Management
I know this is what would be termed as pressure by the company, but each store needs a dedicated “closer” that talks to each Customer briefly before they leave. Nothing drastic or hard closing;... just a soft T.O. The right person in this role, in each store, could possibly increase sales by 30 to 40%