Compare Lowe's vs The Home Depot BETASee how working at Lowe's vs. The Home Depot compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Lowe's vs. The Home Depot. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- The Home Depot scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Lowe's.
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at The Home Depot.
- The Home Depot had 377 more reviews than Lowe's that mentioned "Part time" as a Con.
I worked at Lowe's full-time for less than a year
I was generally left alone to do my work in peace, and the handful of employees I did interact with regularly were genuinely good people.
As a temporary job, while I was between degrees( in an unrelated field) for a young person, I didn't find any real cons. Being in the back of the store I avoided the most of the pitfalls of workign... in retail. Much more relaxed environment than Walmart.