Compare MGM Resorts International vs Home Select BETASee how working at MGM Resorts International vs. Home Select compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at MGM Resorts International vs. Home Select. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- MGM Resorts International scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- Home Select scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at MGM Resorts International.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at MGM Resorts International.
I worked at MGM Resorts International full-time for more than 3 years
More jobs that you can search though in a month, so many properties and locations to chose from, covers a multitude of industries beyond hospitality/hotel/casino management, there is literally... something for everyone under their umbrella. Leader in Diversity with a no tolerance policy for haters of any kind. This was absolutely the most rewarding and fun experience I have ever had in my decade plus employment adventures on and off the strip.
Being so large it can be easy to get lost in the crowd, so be prepared to make yourself stand out in all areas, from your application to your resume to your interview. I had 3 interviews with 5... different people before being extended a job offer. While this was a little more extensive for a corporate position, you will most definitely interview with at lease 3 people. Don't panic, be honest about your experience and don't be afraid to not have all of the answer to their questions. They appreciate honesty above all else. In the last 5 years they have transitioned most of their retail shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and entertainment venues to 3rd party leases. While this does offer an amazing variety of vendors to come in a operate these leases, it cut's down on the number of MGMRI positions, and those staff do not have the same benefits, resources and protections afforded MGMRI employees.
Advice to Management
Annual review process needs to be standardized across all properties and entities and potentially done bi-annually. Salary increases for non-union staff needs to be reviewed more than just annually.... Coaching process needs standardization as well and additional oversight from upper level management. This is important in order to prevent an overzealous manager having the ability to coach someone out the door (termination) without upper level managements consideration and review.
I worked at Home Select full-time for less than a year
- Seems like you have a voice and you're valued - Nice company idea and attractive workspace - Great people to work with (interns and lower level managers) - Good commissions
- Stressful atmosphere as every month people were on the chopping block (very high turnover) - Fake people - More interns than actual workers - Forcing employees to make false reviews on here to... "make it look" like people are happy on various social networks - Low wages - High competition between coworkers
Advice to Management
Be fair with your employees, share information with them they want to help grow your company. Not to be disposable resources so that you can get rich quick.