Compare MGM Resorts International vs Westgate Resorts BETASee how working at MGM Resorts International vs. Westgate Resorts compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at MGM Resorts International vs. Westgate Resorts. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- MGM Resorts International scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at MGM Resorts International.
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Westgate Resorts.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at MGM Resorts International.
- "Tours" was the most mentioned Con at Westgate Resorts.
I worked at MGM Resorts International part-time
Paid lunch, good hours, overtime
Little support from management, no job security
I have been working at Westgate Resorts full-time for more than 3 years
Westgate offers an incredible work environment; they support team members unlike any other hospitality company that I have ever worked for. They walk the talk and really care. The company was... amazing pre-pandemic, however, being with them through the past year has illustrated the that they are the real deal. I feel like I am working in the SAFEST resort in Las Vegas. From regular testing, PPE for home and work freely given, quarantine pay, to including inactive employees in our kid's holiday gift program. I have seen us take care of affected employees with a true human touch which is lost in other big box resorts (speaking from first-hand experience). They are kind, generous and I am proud to work here. The overall environment is very entrepreneurial. Ideas are welcomed, vetted for viability and implemented immediately. It’s a refreshing approach that is very different. Your speed to market is immediate and not lost in bureaucracy. If you are looking at this company find someone on LinkedIn and reach out. I encourage you to get feedback because it will be good.
I don't have any. Concerns from the team are heard and addressed so there is nothing to be unhappy about.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you are doing. Please don't ever lose your connection with your team members.