Compare Marathon Oil vs BP BETASee how working at Marathon Oil vs. BP compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Marathon Oil vs. BP. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- BP scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Marathon Oil.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at BP.
- "Exploration" was the most mentioned Con at Marathon Oil.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at BP.
I worked at BP full-time for more than 10 years
Management was very supportive and helpful. I love my work/life balance while working at bp. The employees (whether in Texas or Illinois) were more like family.
We didn't have much time to focus on developing ourselves due to workload. And unfortunately some of the team leads didn't focus on our development either.
Advice to Management
A great manager to me is on that develops his/her team members so one day they would be able to take their place (if needed).