Compare McKinsey & Company vs Kearney BETASee how working at McKinsey & Company vs. Kearney compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at McKinsey & Company vs. Kearney. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- McKinsey & Company scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Kearney scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- McKinsey & Company had 197 more reviews than Kearney that mentioned "Smart people" as a Pro.
- McKinsey & Company had 24 more reviews than Kearney that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I worked at McKinsey & Company full-time for more than 3 years
+ Great for professional development/growth + Outstanding peer group + Interesting, stimulating work + Attractive pay + Great benefits: employees are taken care of
+ Limited time in between promotions (owing to up-or-out system) prevents junior employees from exploring a wide range of industries/functions + Travel needs and general lifestyle are unsustainable +... Leadership ranks need true diversity of thought, in order to prevent groupthink
Advice to Management
+ Embrace remote working
I have been working at Kearney full-time for more than 10 years
Extreme flexibility during pandemic Very fluid; interesting challenges from year to year Your future is yours to own/manage and excel
The consulting environment may not be for everyone if handling high demands are disruptive to self. Otherwise, not much negative commentary to provide here; truly a very dynamic place to work.