Compare Michaels vs Avas Flowers Florists BETASee how working at Michaels vs. Avas Flowers Florists compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Michaels vs. Avas Flowers Florists. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Michaels scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Avas Flowers Florists scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Employee discount" was the most mentioned Pro at Michaels.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at Michaels.
I worked at Michaels part-time
- The positive workplace environment contributes to putting customers and employees in a great mood. - Good communication from managers to employees of goals and accountability made the workplace... even more ideal, not only for store growth but for individual growth as well. - The varying positions, working on the floor or at the counter, made it easy for employees to direct customers to the items requested.
For a couple weeks, following a holiday reorganization of the store, I was placed at the registers and not knowing where things were placed led to a dependability on other team members to help with... customer support which made things difficult. Although this may not have happened in most cases. Other than one instance, I couldn't find any problems or cons. It's a really great place to work!
I have been working at Avas Flowers Florists full-time for more than 8 years
opportunities for growth, travel, and development
its a growing company, which means that things happen fast and frequently without set guidelines. Not always a bad thing but definitely not for someone who can't roll with the punches or likes things... to be laid out for them