Compare Michigan State University vs State of Michigan BETASee how working at Michigan State University vs. State of Michigan compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Michigan State University vs. State of Michigan. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Michigan State University scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- State of Michigan scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Michigan State University.
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at State of Michigan.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at Michigan State University.
- "Private sector" was the most mentioned Con at State of Michigan.
I have been working at Michigan State University part-time for less than a year
Great pay, flexibility, really quick hiring process
can be boring at times
I have been working at State of Michigan full-time for more than a year
Great benefits, 9% 401k match, Great vacation time, great sick time.
How well you like your job is connected to your chain of command. I am extremely lucky to have great leadership. It's not like that elsewhere.