Compare Microsoft vs Amazon BETASee how working at Microsoft vs. Amazon compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Microsoft vs. Amazon. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Microsoft scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at Microsoft.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Review system" was the most mentioned Con at Microsoft.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years
30% average bonus for each FY ESPP 10% Discount $1200 per year for fitness reimbursement (includes financial advising) Cheap legal aid 50% 401k match to pre-tax max Stock awards vest... quarterly Phone reimbursement Easy remote management Prioritization on health depending on manager but overall very good in sales department Good parental leave Easy going culture in sales (technical side) Fantasic WLB
HR makes offers so if you don't know it can screw you over for your hired level/salary Stock refreshers aren't great Bonuses only paid out once a year not quarterly unlike GCP Promos can be... difficult if underleveled - quota Headcount is low due to budget Interviewing is difficult due to recruiters and HR Having a group number as an SA unlike AWS