Compare Microsoft vs Oracle BETASee how working at Microsoft vs. Oracle compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Microsoft vs. Oracle. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Microsoft scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at Microsoft.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Oracle.
- "Review system" was the most mentioned Con at Microsoft.
- "No hikes" was the most mentioned Con at Oracle.
I have been working at Microsoft full-time
Pretty progressive culture. Flexible when and where you work (at least part of the week)
Flexible hours can mean flexing into your evening. Hybrid is annoying when LT won’t let employees work remotely by choice.
Advice to Management
Choose LT that actually believes in the mission. Not just someone who was successful at Microsoft and then boomeranged back into a CVP role.