Compare Microsoft vs Tableau Software BETASee how working at Microsoft vs. Tableau Software compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Microsoft vs. Tableau Software. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Microsoft scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at Microsoft.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Tableau Software.
- "Review system" was the most mentioned Con at Microsoft.
- "Growing pains" was the most mentioned Con at Tableau Software.
I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years
Good team, work life balance, Good Pay. If you are in a good product team, a lot can be accomplished. Key is hiring and retaining talent. Its very hard to keep people in msft due to competing... salaries from google and FB.
Lot of Politics. Need to maneuver politics to get work done. After Satya, things have become much more smoother. But still there is so much overheard in the management layer. Lot of leaders think... they are technically good and want to get involved in decisions.
I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than a year
Benefits, pay, management, culture The work is exciting!
Some career path things are still be smoothed over, but leadership still goes to bat for their employees
Advice to Management
Define career path a bit more