Compare NASA vs SpaceX BETASee how working at NASA vs. SpaceX compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at NASA vs. SpaceX. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- NASA scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- SpaceX scored higher in 2 areas: CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at NASA.
- "Rockets" was the most mentioned Pro at SpaceX.
- "Red tape" was the most mentioned Con at NASA.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at SpaceX.
I have been working at NASA for less than a year
You are contributing to history and the advancement of our species into outer space. The 2020's are going to be an incredible decade for space travel. Join in the action. People are all grateful... to be here. Caliber of people are higher than the average citizen. Good energy and environment focused on betterment of self and collective.
Bureaucratic processes make everything longer.
I worked at SpaceX full-time for more than 5 years
Lots of resource, loads of expertise in the building, plenty of work to go around.
The hours can add up quickly, so management of expectations is critical being successful.