Compare Newton Europe vs Baringa Partners BETASee how working at Newton Europe vs. Baringa Partners compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Newton Europe vs. Baringa Partners. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Newton Europe scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits and CEO Approval.
- Baringa Partners scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Personal development" was the most mentioned Pro at Newton Europe.
- "Consultancies" was the most mentioned Pro at Baringa Partners.
- "Away from home" was the most mentioned Con at Newton Europe.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Baringa Partners.
I worked at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year
I got recruited from the US - without a doubt, working at Newton turbo-charged my professional development compared to opportunities available to me in the States. I worked on numerous projects,... each of which presented a unique and challenging problem to solve; I got to work with some incredible individuals; all the while, I felt I had an amazing support network from my peers, my supervisors, and the upper management. The culture is amazing, and you really get the sense that people care about you, your clients, and the company. There's also a work-hard-play-hard mentality, so everybody is a ton of fun to hang out with.
While my professional life was great, the consulting lifestyle naturally takes its toll on your social life. My situation was exacerbated by the fact I came from overseas and didn't have existing... friends, so I could only really spend time getting to know my coworkers. Additionally, the company is currently going through some growing pains as it becomes a larger business; however, nearly all of the issues are admin/strategic.
Advice to Management
Find creative ways to keep the company culture intact as the number of consultants increase! This is Newton's best feature and it will be a challenge to maintain as the headcount goes up.... Regarding the growing pains - finish preparing the company for growth; define a clear strategy for the growth phase; make sure that the targets are realistic and risks are identified/managed.