Compare Oracle vs HubSpot BETASee how working at Oracle vs. HubSpot compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Oracle vs. HubSpot. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- HubSpot scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Oracle.
- "Unlimited vacation" was the most mentioned Pro at HubSpot.
- "No hikes" was the most mentioned Con at Oracle.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at HubSpot.
I have been working at HubSpot full-time
Great benefits and competitive comp. Biggest noticeable pro is the culture of autonomy and trust - highly dependent on your team, as with most orgs, but generally a high focus on mental health and... work life balance (no koolaid here). Little things like blocking lunch in the cal and flexibility to step away for appointments and kids is a benefit I haven’t been afforded in my past 10 years at other companies. People seem genuinely happier here because they are able to take time off when they genuinely need it. There isn’t a culture of working just for the sake of looking like you’re working.
Equity is arguably slightly below market. No annual bonuses. Very high learning curve The greatest pro above also results in a lot of inefficiently managed processes. HubSpot is trying to... scale and many things are very ad hoc and unstructured without too much formalization. Some level of organization and accountability would help here.
Advice to Management
Overall, love my new role and team. I wake up and enjoy work. Leadership is faced with a bit of a balancing act to keeping employees happy vs. holding them accountable when they fail to meet their... goals.