Compare Parker Drilling vs Nabors Industries BETASee how working at Parker Drilling vs. Nabors Industries compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Parker Drilling vs. Nabors Industries. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Parker Drilling scored higher in 6 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Nabors Industries scored higher in 1 area: Overall Rating.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- Nabors Industries had 35 more reviews than Parker Drilling that mentioned "Good pay" as a Pro.
- Nabors Industries had 28 more reviews than Parker Drilling that mentioned "Upper management" as a Con.
I worked at Parker Drilling full-time for more than 3 years
I can say there were some really genuine people who I met while working here and have enjoyed friendships with them over the years. The work was interesting and kept me engaged.
There are your normal politics at this job as anyplace else. There is a lot going on at the BoD level and C-level which is not always properly disseminated to the rest of the company. There are... select individuals who are more or less chosen to be in various roles regardless of what they do (or don't) or in regards to whom they might interview against.
Advice to Management
Keep it open and real, your feet on the ground in the field and at the corporate office is what gives you the opportunities to excel.
I worked at Nabors Industries for less than a year
Lot's of help and mentoring opportunities to understand the industry better. Lot's of learning opportunities as well.
Not very impactful work to do as an intern. Understandable though because you are only there for a few months.