Compare Peace Corps vs U.S. Department of State BETASee how working at Peace Corps vs. U.S. Department of State compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Peace Corps vs. U.S. Department of State. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Peace Corps scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- U.S. Department of State scored higher in 4 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "New language" was the most mentioned Pro at Peace Corps.
- "Foreign service" was the most mentioned Pro at U.S. Department of State.
- "Isolation" was the most mentioned Con at Peace Corps.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at U.S. Department of State.
I have been working at Peace Corps full-time for more than 3 years
It is a great work environment, wonderful team makes and it federal agency has some great benefits.
Being field based, not as many offices in the U.S, so the team environment is a bit lacking
Advice to Management
Allowing more conferences throughout the year when recruiters can get together for meetings and events. Allowing more upward mobility for field based recruiters, and increase opportunities compared... to HQ staff