Compare Sam Houston State vs Lone Star College BETASee how working at Sam Houston State vs. Lone Star College compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Sam Houston State vs. Lone Star College. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Lone Star College scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- Lone Star College had 2 more reviews than Sam Houston State that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- "Minimum wage" was the most mentioned Con at Sam Houston State.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at Lone Star College.
I have been working at Lone Star College part-time for more than a year
- the job is very appreciated by LS staff and professors because you're helping with their tech issues - public sector, so no competing with coworkers for raises or push from management to earn the... company more $
- pay isn't as good as you'd find elsewhere, but that's expected for a low stress job that can be pretty easy at times