Compare Sedgwick Claims Management Services vs National Interstate BETASee how working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services vs. National Interstate compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services vs. National Interstate. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- National Interstate scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Good benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.
- "Lunch program" was the most mentioned Pro at National Interstate.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.
- "No flex time" was the most mentioned Con at National Interstate.
I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time
Benefits are great. PTO upfront
Matrics are to high for me
I have been working at National Interstate full-time for less than a year
- Benefits are great. Pay and PTO are above market compared to other companies. I started with 19 days of PTO per year and a higher salary than my counterparts at other companies. - Covid caused... work from home. I am working from home full time and it is so nice. I can wear comfortable clothes, don't have to commute, and I'm saving money too. - I haven't felt like I've been asked to do anything that I don't know how to do. There are no unreasonable expectations and management seems pretty nice too! - Promotions are happening like crazy. My team's problem is they can't keep any underwriters around because they keep getting promoted.
- 401(k) is below market value. We only get a 4.5% match while I have friends getting a 6% match. - National Interstate is a relatively small company and is owned by Great American Insurance Group.... I feel like Great American is the big brother and Natl has a bad connotation. - Insurance work can get boring. Pretty quick.
Advice to Management
You guys already have a great benefits package! Maybe consider bumping the 401(k). Other than that, this place is great!