Compare Southern Company vs Thames Water BETASee how working at Southern Company vs. Thames Water compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Southern Company vs. Thames Water. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Southern Company scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Thames Water scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Southern Company.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Thames Water.
- Southern Company had 13 more reviews than Thames Water that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I worked at Thames Water
I am a US citizen and lived in England with a Military husband. I work for the US Federal Service but have to wait for a opening when my husband is transferred between duty stations. I worked a... Thames Water until a opening with the US government. I was hired as a temporary employee and this was my first job for a foreign company. My Supervisor and the co-workers were lovely. My duties and goals were well laid out. If I lived in the England I would work for Thames Water again.
They sprayed regularly for fleas when the office was closed but the darn fleas chewed up my ankles and legs. They didn't bother my co-workers so I assume that the fleas thought I was fresh meat. :-)