Compare Southern Company vs Utiliquest BETASee how working at Southern Company vs. Utiliquest compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Southern Company vs. Utiliquest. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Southern Company scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Southern Company.
- "Company truck" was the most mentioned Pro at Utiliquest.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Southern Company.
- "Drive cam" was the most mentioned Con at Utiliquest.
I have been working at Southern Company full-time for less than a year
Pay is competitive Real push to teach you and learn If you have desire to move upward, management is very helpful Of course not everyone is great, but the majority of people I interact with are... amazing (90%) Work life balance is top tier, currently working 4-10's with flexible work from home days The work is interesting and challenging
The drive to the nuclear plants can be pretty long The nature of the work sometimes requires overtime if something goes wrong at the plant (maybe occurs 3 times a year for me personally) Outage work... can be rough, but that's every nuclear plant
Advice to Management
Upper management could work on being more transparent with their decision making process.