Compare Special Olympics vs ARVO BETASee how working at Special Olympics vs. ARVO compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Special Olympics vs. ARVO. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Special Olympics scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- ARVO scored higher in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Compensation & Benefits.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Great mission" was the most mentioned Pro at Special Olympics.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Special Olympics.
I have been working at ARVO full-time for more than a year
For 26 years I've worked for non-profit medical & allied associations much larger than ARVO, and I’m still amazed at how much value ARVO is able to provide to its nearly 12,000 members around the... world. That kind of magic is only possible with a dedicated team of professionals who back one another. The leadership is top-notch, mission-minded & supportive -- with a real open-door policy. The employee benefits package, too, is progressive and as great as anywhere in the DC-metro region (the 401k match alone is better than any other organization I've seen)!
Although generally I consider the staff size a positive (for example, we all know one another, share one floor & fit together in a large conference room), when we near the huge Annual Meeting, I wish... we could all clone ourselves. But, annual meetings are hectic no matter where you go.
Advice to Management
Keep the hometown feeling alive. The confidence, compassion, enthusiasm and positive feelings around ARVO are awesome!