Compare Square vs Lyft BETASee how working at Square vs. Lyft compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Square vs. Lyft. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Square scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Square.
- "Flexible hours" was the most mentioned Pro at Lyft.
- "Growing pains" was the most mentioned Con at Square.
- "Passengers" was the most mentioned Con at Lyft.
I have been working at Square full-time for less than a year
+Generous benefits, stock options and WFH stipends +Diverse workforce +Choice for 100% remote work or hybrid office/WFH +Supporting small business owners with their websites is rewarding... work +Well-structured day with breaks included throughout shift +Time flies really quickly during peak hours
-Won't get to participate in company activities as much since you'll be on the phones or emails -Training can have a high learning curve for the technologically challenged -Sometimes the business... owners are stressed out and not the most patient over the phones when they need support -Talking over the phone can be mentally draining
Advice to Management
Management is doing great so far. They're responsive over chat channels, give reviews out of training to ensure comfort with the position, ready to offer advice.