Compare Square vs Uber BETASee how working at Square vs. Uber compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Square vs. Uber. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Square scored higher in 8 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Square.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Uber.
- "Growing pains" was the most mentioned Con at Square.
- "Riders" was the most mentioned Con at Uber.
I worked at Square full-time for more than 5 years
Working on an awesome mission with like-minded, passionate folks. Leadership makes it easy to buy into the mission. Good transparency in decision-making and opportunities for open discussion/dissent.... Tons of autonomy to set priorities and deliver. Each team is in charge of their own roadmap and even their annual plan.
Lots of pressure on product managers to deliver, with less than ideal accountability on engineering for outcomes. Many re-orgs, so you have to be ok with change and chaos.
Advice to Management
More emphasis on training/grooming great managers to better support PMs.