Compare State of Michigan vs Michigan Department of Transportation BETASee how working at State of Michigan vs. Michigan Department of Transportation compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at State of Michigan vs. Michigan Department of Transportation. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Michigan Department of Transportation scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at State of Michigan.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Michigan Department of Transportation.
- State of Michigan had 27 more reviews than Michigan Department of Transportation that mentioned "Private sector" as a Con.
I have been working at State of Michigan full-time for more than a year
Lots of good people doing important work for the community. Everyone seems to genuinely care about the people they're helping.
There can be a bit of a silo problem, but upper management is making a defined effort to increase information sharing across teams/departments.
I have been working at Michigan Department of Transportation full-time for more than a year
Good pay, great atmosphere, job growth and development. Good team of admins in central Lansing office. No problems taking leave. Management is kind and helpful.
You have to pay for parking.