I have been working at Sumo Logic full-time for less than a year
Amazing culture. Welcoming, helpful, and friendly. Smart people working to solve complex issues around machine data - with the primary goal of helping companies manage, maintain, operate, and secure... their digital properties.
I have been working at Livefyre full-time for more than a year
- Incredibly cool and fun product
- Warm family(like) environment
- Honest and direct communication between departments and management to staff
- Stunning office, beautiful rooftop deck, close to... all methods of transportation
- Scrappy and positive outlook by team members
- Kitchen rivals Whole Foods in its food, coffee and snack options
- Normal day to day start- up struggles, with too many things to do and not enough time in the day.
- Needs a more concise plan for career paths and advancement
Advice to Management
It breaks my heart to read some of the scathing reviews. I have personally not had one day in the year and a half working at Livefyre when I didn't look forward to going to work, or did not have a... least a few belly laughs with my co-workers. Reading the comments about our CEO, Jordan as a "sociopath" are beyond ridiculous and words that I find offensive. He's young, optimistic and cares deeply for his employees. Is every decision made perfect? Of course not. Does he claim ownership when that happens? Absolutely. All companies big or small have growing pains and hiccups. All. Of. Them. Take a moment to read the biography of Steve Jobs and the plethora of issues that Apple faced as well as some of the tyranical behavior Jobs exhibited. To call someone a sociopath is to imply a lack of empathy and ill will. I have not seen any of that from our exec team.
My advice to management is the same advice I would give anyone. Try to be 10% better tomorrow than you were today and it's all an upward trajectory.