Compare Sutter Health vs Blue Shield Of California BETASee how working at Sutter Health vs. Blue Shield Of California compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Sutter Health vs. Blue Shield Of California. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Blue Shield Of California scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Sutter Health.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Blue Shield Of California.
- Sutter Health had 9 more reviews than Blue Shield Of California that mentioned "Upper management" as a Con.
- Blue Shield Of California had 29 more reviews than Sutter Health that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Sutter Health full-time
Excellent Benefits, Yearly Raises, Everyone (including Janitorial services) makes above minimum wage, very friendly management and coworkers.
It takes awhile for complaints to be heard, but once they are they are taken care of.
Advice to Management
It would be nice if there was more opportunity for training and career advancement from within the company.
I have been working at Blue Shield Of California full-time for more than 10 years
I have many experience in all my 38 years with Blue shield. I have managed to create a balanced-fulfilled life with a company that allows flexibility in my schedule which works for me and my family.... I have learned many new skills by being able to move and promote to other departments- enabling me to learn as I go. Blue Shield is a fair company and pays a good wage, with good benefits - with many opportunity to promote if you wish. It has been great working for blue shield- I've met many wonderful people.
I've just learned that in order to move up or around, we have to self promote and reach out to learn and promote ourselves at BSC. It's rare to have someone knock on your door and say hey you want a... job or I feel you would be good at this job? other than if you choose a mentor for yourself. I feel that Blue shield does need to do a better job in promoting and having more diversity within our departments. I've seen a change in the last two years, but I feel we still have a long way to go.
Advice to Management
Managers- seek out the quiet people who usually do their jobs and do it well. You might be surprised if they are given a chance to shine. Sometimes team members will not self promote without a push a... two. There are many who are self motivated, then there are those that just need a push. That is where mentors can help those who do not know how or where to start from.