Compare Sylvan Learning Centers vs McGraw Hill BETASee how working at Sylvan Learning Centers vs. McGraw Hill compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Sylvan Learning Centers vs. McGraw Hill. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Sylvan Learning Centers scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- McGraw Hill scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible hours" was the most mentioned Pro at Sylvan Learning Centers.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at McGraw Hill.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at Sylvan Learning Centers.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at McGraw Hill.
I worked at Sylvan Learning Centers part-time for more than a year
The Management and employees were pleasant to work with and genuinely cared about each other and the children they were entrusted with.
The only down side was my inability to carry high school textbooks that were extremely large and heavy.
Advice to Management
A cart on wheels would have made this job so much easier since the high school textbooks were shifted every hour to different tables in the classroom.