Compare Tampa General Hospital vs BayCare Health System BETASee how working at Tampa General Hospital vs. BayCare Health System compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Tampa General Hospital vs. BayCare Health System. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Tampa General Hospital scored higher in 4 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management and CEO Approval.
- BayCare Health System scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- BayCare Health System had 1 more reviews than Tampa General Hospital that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- BayCare Health System had 9 more reviews than Tampa General Hospital that mentioned "Good benefits" as a Pro.
- "Tgh" was the most mentioned Con at Tampa General Hospital.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at BayCare Health System.
I have been working at BayCare Health System for more than 5 years
A good organization. Always trying to improve. Listens to employees and values feedback. Safety nets in place like med, lab, and alaris scanning. Rewards to create a positive environment like High... Fives, annual Team Member Award, and Daisy. Excellent income for Mobile Pool.
Some pockets of negative, micromanaging leadership who can be avoided if you choose not to contract with them as Mobile Pool. Not nearly enough support staff. Many RN vacancies with pandemic, nurses... leaving for travel nurse pay.
Advice to Management
Remove managers and critical care supervisors who are getting negative feedback from staff and can't retain their staff. Make support staff mandatory, not optional, as part of the staffing grid. ... Offer crisis pay to keep core staff from leaving to become travelers, which you ironically end up replacing with travelers.