Compare Target vs Giant Eagle BETASee how working at Target vs. Giant Eagle compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Target vs. Giant Eagle. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Target scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- Target had 2,151 more reviews than Giant Eagle that mentioned "Team members" as a Pro.
- "Team members" was the most mentioned Con at Target.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at Giant Eagle.
I have been working at Giant Eagle full-time for more than 3 years
Although Giant Eagle has many locations and thousands of employees, you are still appreciated as an individual and valued -- just like family. Giant Eagle actively promotes inclusion and diversity... rather than simply paying lip service to these values. Because Giant Eagle is a privately held company, it has the ability to make strategic decisions beyond the next quarterly earnings report, but Giant Eagle is also small enough to move with an agility and swiftness that publicly traded behemoths cannot match.
Data sharing and input across divisions within the company could be more streamlined.
Advice to Management
A comprehensive approach to documenting and maintaining policies and procedures, although onerous, would improve efficiency.