Compare Target vs The Home Depot BETASee how working at Target vs. The Home Depot compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Target vs. The Home Depot. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Target scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- The Home Depot scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Target.
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at The Home Depot.
- "Team members" was the most mentioned Con at Target.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at The Home Depot.
I worked at Target part-time for less than a year
Very simple tasks, many employees around the store knew where items were if you were not sure, fast pace, scheduled all breaks and lunches for covid and enforced people to follow the schedule.
I personally did not like getting scheduled too much. Benefits were not as good, about 10-20%
Advice to Management
Great management team, was respectful when I was hired and when I left