Compare Target vs Walmart BETASee how working at Target vs. Walmart compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Target vs. Walmart. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Target scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- Walmart had 1,064 more reviews than Target that mentioned "Good pay" as a Pro.
- "Team members" was the most mentioned Con at Target.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Walmart.
I worked at Target part-time for less than a year
Very simple tasks, many employees around the store knew where items were if you were not sure, fast pace, scheduled all breaks and lunches for covid and enforced people to follow the schedule.
I personally did not like getting scheduled too much. Benefits were not as good, about 10-20%
Advice to Management
Great management team, was respectful when I was hired and when I left