Compare The Boston Globe vs Rue Gilt Groupe BETASee how working at The Boston Globe vs. Rue Gilt Groupe compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at The Boston Globe vs. Rue Gilt Groupe. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- The Boston Globe scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Rue Gilt Groupe scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- Rue Gilt Groupe had 22 more reviews than The Boston Globe that mentioned "Great people" as a Pro.
- "Editors" was the most mentioned Con at The Boston Globe.
- "Gilt" was the most mentioned Con at Rue Gilt Groupe.
I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than a year
• Awesome tech team • Positive/supportive culture • Fast paced and dynamic • No limit to vacation time (and you're encouraged to use it) • Competitive pay • Flexible remote/WFH policy (even... before COVID) • Excellent work/life balance • Lots of opportunity for growth • Individuals are empowered to assume ownership and make an impact • I honestly look forward to working every morning
Not as tech focused as other places I've worked. Focus is primarily on sales and marketing and tech can feel like a service to other groups within the organization.
Advice to Management
Maybe rethink some of the models and assumptions that constrain our thinking and reconsider whether some of the things that make Rue different from other e-tailers are actually harmful to the... business. Let tech lead.