Compare The Hartford vs Zurich North America BETASee how working at The Hartford vs. Zurich North America compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at The Hartford vs. Zurich North America. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- The Hartford scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Zurich North America scored higher in 2 areas: Work-life balance and CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- The Hartford had 143 more reviews than Zurich North America that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- The Hartford had 80 more reviews than Zurich North America that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
- The Hartford and Zurich North America both have 39 total submitted reviews for "Upper management".
I have been working at Zurich North America full-time for more than 10 years
Zurich is a global company with a beautiful sustainable building in Schaumburg, Illinois which is their headquarters. The company culture is unmatched and the salary and benefits are very... competitive.
One of the downsides of Zurich is that most entry-level positions require 5 to 6 years of experience and a bachelors degree. For someone coming directly out of college, this requirement makes it very... difficult for someone to work at Zurich, unless they get into the Apprenticeship program.
Advice to Management
Ensure those that manage people have the appropriate skills to do so. Being good at a job doesn’t necessarily make someone a good manager.