Compare The Home Depot vs Gabe’s BETASee how working at The Home Depot vs. Gabe’s compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at The Home Depot vs. Gabe’s. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- The Home Depot scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at The Home Depot.
- "Employee discount" was the most mentioned Pro at Gabe’s.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at The Home Depot.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at Gabe’s.
I have been working at The Home Depot full-time
The Home Depot has unique policies that make working for them, and staying with them extremely beneficial with most promotions being internal. They took care of their employees amazingly during the... COVID-19 pandemic and they have been very good to me in general. They have awards that you can win that not only give you recognition but cash value as well, and there are gifts to be earned. The Home Depot does an amazing job of making the work environment friendly and fun with parties and making sure that management keeps in contact with its associate with the open door policy.
No business is perfect, there are certainly annoying systems in this company and some of the procedures that we have to follow is very annoying. I have seen my fair share of employees that I did not... feel should still be with the company because of the way they treated customers and associates, but no business is perfect and I understand that even people with bad people skills still add value to this company.
Advice to Management
Be mindful of the people with bad people skills and coach/mentor these people on how to improve on those skills before moving them up in the company whether that be supervisor, manager, whatever.