Compare The Home Depot vs Primerica BETASee how working at The Home Depot vs. Primerica compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at The Home Depot vs. Primerica. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Primerica scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- The Home Depot had 886 more reviews than Primerica that mentioned "Part time" as a Pro.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at The Home Depot.
- "Pyramid scheme" was the most mentioned Con at Primerica.
I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than 8 years
- Team of 8-12 people - Always something to do, no down time - Daily service for our vendors, large seasonal sets, weekly projects - 2 breaks, One 30 minute lunch. - Bathroom breaks when needed.... - Family atmosphere, team members that take care of one another - Money provided quarterly for celebrations - Bi-Yearly bonuses based on Store's sales plan - Celebrations, cookouts, bake sales, and large Christmas party. - Benefits cover health, dental, and eye. As well as discounts on phone plans, hotels, car rental and other services. - Homer Fund; A fund that a majority of the associates contribute to, for when an associate falls on hard times, they can request assistance. - Work Monday through Friday with many holidays off.
- Start time is 5am or 6am - Lunch break can seem short, not enough time to go out to acquire food. - Physical daily labor; on feet all day walking on concrete, lifting, moving, going up and down... ladder, hammering, squatting, reaching, pushing/pulling. - Possibility of injury from lifting, moving beams, cutting, hammering, falling, tripping. - Constantly dusty, dirty, noisy, often hot during the summer - Same music plays every day - You are the caretaker of the store, and it can often feels like those not on the team, regular store associates and management, do not care about the store like you do.
Advice to Management
Become a good partner with you MET team, understand what it is they do and how you can set them up for success.