Compare The Home Depot vs Publix BETASee how working at The Home Depot vs. Publix compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at The Home Depot vs. Publix. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- The Home Depot scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
- Publix scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Work-life balance and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- The Home Depot had 191 more reviews than Publix that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- The Home Depot had 609 more reviews than Publix that mentioned "Part time" as a Con.
I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 5 years
Benefits are endless Pay is decent Vacation/sick time is reasonable. Handling of COVID is exceptional.
There is room for growth in every department except for Asset Protection. Once you're a specialist, you stay as a specialist. The only way to move up is to move out of AP and go to store side. Hard... to do if customer service isn't necessarily your passion.
Advice to Management
Consider AP associates for development classes