Compare U.S. Department of State vs University of Maryland BETASee how working at U.S. Department of State vs. University of Maryland compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at U.S. Department of State vs. University of Maryland. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- U.S. Department of State scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- University of Maryland scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "Foreign service" was the most mentioned Pro at U.S. Department of State.
- "Flexible hours" was the most mentioned Pro at University of Maryland.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at U.S. Department of State.
- "College park" was the most mentioned Con at University of Maryland.
I have been working at University of Maryland part-time for more than a year
The teams at the university are very inclusive. They really support growth and your mental health.
The pay is not that great starting out, but the longer you stay the better things get.