Compare US Department of the Interior vs National Park Service BETASee how working at US Department of the Interior vs. National Park Service compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at US Department of the Interior vs. National Park Service. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- US Department of the Interior scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management and Culture & Values.
- National Park Service scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at US Department of the Interior.
- "Beautiful places" was the most mentioned Pro at National Park Service.
- National Park Service had 19 more reviews than US Department of the Interior that mentioned "Low pay" as a Con.
I have been working at US Department of the Interior full-time
DOI is focused on protecting our public lands.
DOI employees sometimes have to work long hours.
I worked at National Park Service full-time for more than a year
Everyone believes strongly in what they're doing there. Everyone is passionate and motivated about the same things.
High visitation seasons can be stressful (but still exciting)