Compare US Forest Service vs US Bureau of Land Management BETASee how working at US Forest Service vs. US Bureau of Land Management compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at US Forest Service vs. US Bureau of Land Management. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- US Forest Service scored higher in 2 areas: CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- US Bureau of Land Management scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Work outside" was the most mentioned Pro at US Forest Service.
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at US Bureau of Land Management.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at US Forest Service.
- "Red tape" was the most mentioned Con at US Bureau of Land Management.
I worked at US Forest Service part-time for more than a year
Good training, great networking opportunities, plenty of opportunities to explore the forest and meet with the community
Selling passes and answering the same questions gets a little old.
Advice to Management
None, you are at the mercy of a federal budget and always make the best with what you have
I worked at US Bureau of Land Management part-time for more than a year
Office organization, teamwork, management, and work ethic are all great in the Idaho Falls Field Office.
Lots of red tape, takes a long time to get the ball rolling on projects.