Compare University of Maryland vs 2U BETASee how working at University of Maryland vs. 2U compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at University of Maryland vs. 2U. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- University of Maryland scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management and % Recommend to a friend.
- 2U scored higher in 2 areas: CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible hours" was the most mentioned Pro at University of Maryland.
- "Unlimited pto" was the most mentioned Pro at 2U.
- "College park" was the most mentioned Con at University of Maryland.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at 2U.
I have been working at University of Maryland part-time for less than a year
Good work experience Convenient for students to walk to classes Good way to build a resume Good work-life balance
No professional development No mentorship Working independently
I have been working at 2U full-time for more than 5 years
2U truly has a great collection of employees that make it a desirable place to work. People engage with each other in both work and non work related topics and all work together toward a common goal... for a company that is very mission driven. People believe in what the company does and what it stands for, and they work hard to drive the company forward. In terms of benefits, the company has unlimited PTO, which enables employees to take the time they need away from work.
There are times when there is a lot of work. That can be difficult, but ideally you have a manager and team that supports you, helps you prioritize, and adjusts deadlines according to what has the... most business impact. If you have that support system and help from your team and leadership, work should be manageable.