Compare University of Pittsburgh vs Bechtel Plant Machinery BETASee how working at University of Pittsburgh vs. Bechtel Plant Machinery compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at University of Pittsburgh vs. Bechtel Plant Machinery. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- University of Pittsburgh scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Bechtel Plant Machinery scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at University of Pittsburgh.
- "9 80" was the most mentioned Pro at Bechtel Plant Machinery.
- "Low salary" was the most mentioned Con at University of Pittsburgh.
- "Bpmi" was the most mentioned Con at Bechtel Plant Machinery.
I have been working at University of Pittsburgh full-time for more than 5 years
Decent facilities, supportive community, affordable living cost
inside the city (parking), big renovation on-going (lots of construction)
I have been working at Bechtel Plant Machinery full-time
While most companies require 2-5 years of experience for entry level professional roles, BPMI hires new grads for entry level professional positions without a requirement for prior professional... experience. BPMI also has a lot of great workplace perks such as the onsite gym and cafeteria. I've been with the company for two years and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
Limited capabilities to work from home (could be a pro if you value work life balance like I do). BPMI is also subject to a lot of government requirements which can stifle some individuals, but I... don't mind it.