Compare VMware vs MongoDB BETASee how working at VMware vs. MongoDB compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at VMware vs. MongoDB. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- MongoDB scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- VMware had 616 more reviews than MongoDB that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Middle management" was the most mentioned Con at VMware.
- "Mongodb" was the most mentioned Con at MongoDB.
I have been working at VMware full-time
* best work/life balance I've ever had * incredibly kind and open culture * good comp
* internal bias against acquired business units and people who work for them * slow to update processes and technology * red tape and technical debt
Advice to Management
Aggressively address the "good 'ol boys club" that hires and promotes based on affinity instead of ability to execute. It is hampering company performance and causing good people to jump ship.... Also, offer one-time salary "true-ups" to staff who joined VMW via inorganic growth, perhaps at the one-year mark of their time with VMware post acquisition. VMW is losing experienced people and creating salary inequity by not allowing an HR mechanism for salary corrections.
I worked at MongoDB
The culture at MongoDB is very collaborative and inclusive. I really enjoyed working with all the engineers on my team and the project I worked on.
The company is getting bigger and there are growing pains as the company has scaled.