Compare VMware vs Thumbtack BETASee how working at VMware vs. Thumbtack compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at VMware vs. Thumbtack. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- VMware scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Thumbtack scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- VMware had 626 more reviews than Thumbtack that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Middle management" was the most mentioned Con at VMware.
- "Growing pains" was the most mentioned Con at Thumbtack.
I have been working at VMware full-time
Management is great, coworkers are great, bonuses, work from home, health benefits...all great. As long as you show up, work hard, have the stats to prove you are doing well, internal moves are... within reach. No micromanagement, no nagging, just do your job, and sign off at the end of your shift. No after hours or weekends. Work life balance is A+
Stingy on Overtime; but they do it so people don't work to death
I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year
I had the privilege of working with a phenomenal recruiting team. Many companies tout strong culture, transparency, good communication but fall short. I knew right away that Thumbtack walks the talk.... From the start, my recruiting contacts exuded Thumbtack values. I felt like I knew where I stood at each stage of the process. My recruiting team communicated clearly and consistently, and I knew where I stood at each step of the process. My experience throughout the recruitment process made me excited to join Thumbtack!
I don't have any cons.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you're doing.