Compare Vertex Pharmaceuticals vs Sunovion BETASee how working at Vertex Pharmaceuticals vs. Sunovion compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Vertex Pharmaceuticals vs. Sunovion. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Sunovion scored higher in 2 areas: Work-life balance and CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
- "Good benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Sunovion.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at Sunovion.
I have been working at Vertex Pharmaceuticals
culture, location, benefits. Also the cafeteria and inside gym. Company has a diverse culture and I work with people of different backgrounds.
fast paced. sometimes too ambitious and that takes a toll on employee wellness
I worked at Sunovion for less than a year
Despite COVID, Sunovion still successfully ran their summer internship program remotely. The internship program was very well organized, and provided its interns with excellent professional... development and networking opportunities. As an intern in the Global Regulatory Affairs (GRA) department, I initially shadowed employees to understand their work and to learn how to operate the necessary softwares. I was then given daily tasks to complete, and a few long-term research projects to finish by the end of the internship. I learned a lot about the "technical operations" perspective of GRA, and the “compliance" perspective of GRA. Overall, Sunovion values the patients its products are intended for, teamwork, growth, and the ability to empower people. These values were all reflected by Sunovion’s management during my internship. Honestly, the company culture really exceeded my expectations. Overall, this internship was a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in 1) the pharmaceutical industry in general, 2) the more technical side of the pharmaceutical industry, and/or 3) the FDA, and how law and science overlap in the real world.
None that I can think of.