I worked at Wayne J. Griffin Electric full-time for more than 3 years
Amazing leadership team. They hold a tight ship but your efforts will always be rewarded. Excellent place to learn and enhance your skill set!
A bit too much micro-managing.
Advice to Management
Owners, C-Level leadership team and HR Director are amazing people to work for. Keep giving back to your teams. It goes such a long way. Maybe a little less micro-management and a bit more trust in... your management teams. Corporate culture could use a fun boost
- Lots of process and procedure. “there is a department for that”
- CT office is a well oiled machine, the preferred office to work out of for sure.
- Some of the best talent in the industry... reside here.
- They utilize Procore!!
- High on the compensation scale for the new England area.
- Repeat clients who love to work with A/Z.
- The best office "Bling" I have ever encountered in the industry. Perry knows how to take care of his employees.
- Thorough and extensive on-boarding process where you get to meet all the great talented people who work here.
- Westborough is literally a satellite office being almost vacant where most if not everyone is in the field.
- it's a 10 Hr day, and THEY'RE NOT KIDDING. No work/life balance here, but if you’re... reading this you probably are already use to that :)
- There is a process for everything you do so management and field are constantly being held up on executing basic procedures.
- CT looks at Westborough as a problem child. The communication gap is a real issue.
- They utilize Procore, but fail to utilize the financial capabilities of the tool due to the tremendous amount of Sage 300 customizations they’ve required prior to Procure being rolled out. Lots of double entry and laborious unwarranted steps to complete basic tasks.
- Lots of turnover in the lower tier positions (PE’s, APM’s and entry PM’s). A/Z does things a bit differently than any other GC you typically will encounter.
- Almost all of the Westborough office is newly hired. Yikes!
- Once on boarding is complete you’re basically a loaner left to sink or swim for 10 hrs a day.