Compare Wiley vs Oxford University Press BETASee how working at Wiley vs. Oxford University Press compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Wiley vs. Oxford University Press. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Wiley scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Wiley had 142 more reviews than Oxford University Press that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at Wiley.
- "Oup" was the most mentioned Con at Oxford University Press.
I have been working at Wiley full-time for more than a year
The company has aggressive goals and lots of work to do but that’s what you want in an employer. Very big focus on well being and listening to the employees.
Super busy work load, but meaningful work. I enjoy it
I worked at Oxford University Press full-time for more than 5 years
+ Amazing, hardworking, and kind people + Interesting subject matter - you’ll find yourself unintentionally learning about economic trends or medical care or animal facts + Fair amount of travel... (in normal times) + Really supportive leadership + Great early career support from mentorship pairing to shadowing opportunities
- Salary, but remember this is a non-profit publisher, so not entirely surprising! The PTO is very good for the US so that helps offset the salary.
Advice to Management
Don’t brush off concerns about salaries. I’ve seen many people leave for one reason only and that’s salary.