Compare Yell vs Screwfix BETASee how working at Yell vs. Screwfix compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Yell vs. Screwfix. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Yell scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits and Senior Management.
- Screwfix scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Work-life balance and CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- Screwfix had 14 more reviews than Yell that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Yell.
- "Kingfisher" was the most mentioned Con at Screwfix.
I have been working at Yell full-time for more than 5 years
Unlimited earnings opportunity. Territory management is like running your own business.
Targets can be tough to hit. Particular focus on different products, focus shifts. Lots of admin work
I have been working at Screwfix full-time for more than a year
Great atmosphere within stores. Never a dull moment. Good opportunity to progress and meet new people.
Salary for low level management is quite poor compared to competitors. Bonus doesnt filter all the way down therefore lack of motivation to meet certain KPI's.
Advice to Management
Improve salaries aswell as making bonuses available for all management.