Électricité de France Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

3.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Commercial Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Électricité de France (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a telephone interview that lasted for 30 minutes. The questions were competency-based. The interviewer initially made small talks to ease any nerves unfortunately that didn't help as it was my 1st ever interview. I was given the platform to change any answer(s) at the end of the interview but I passed off the offer. I got a rejection email 10 mins after.

Interview Questions

• Why you? Why the role? Why EDF? Give an example of a time you had to question an establishment process? etc.   1 Answer

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Électricité de France (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

they called me in order to have a phone interview a week before it was schedualled.The interviewer was polite and helpful.She asked me five easy questions.After about a week,they called me back to inform me that i had an offer.It was a very good experience.

IT and Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Électricité de France (Victoria, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The online test was fairly straight forward, they called me back for a Telephone Interview, which happened at a good pace, then the Assessment Center, where they took half a day to analyse you as a person as well showing around the building plus lunch.

Interview Questions

• Why EDF?
      Why this specific role?
      Why do you think role this suits you?   Answer Question

EDF Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Électricité de France (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application form was straightforward. I was then asked to complete a situational judgement test following this I was asked to complete an SHL maths test within one week. I was offered an interview about a week later, the telephone interview was 30 minutes long and consisted of one motivational and four competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Why EDF? Why Finance?
      What skills do you have applicable for the role?

Tell me about a time you have had to produce a piece of work under time pressure. How did you stay motivated?

Tell me about a time you have had to complete a piece of work or make a decision without all the relevant information. What did you learn from this?

Tell me about a time you have had to work with a difficult person. How did you overcome this?

Tell me about a time you have come up with a creative solution/innovative answer to a problem.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Électricité de France (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

First stage is online application form. Second stage is a situational judgement test and ability test (numerical, verbal and diagrammatic reasoning. Third stage is a telephone interview which last for 30 minutes. It consists of 2 motivation questions and 4 competency questions. Fourth stage is two day assessment centre in Cannington Court. This is mainly group exercises and presentations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you came up with a new approach to a problem.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Électricité de France (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview - very easy. Going over CV and company fit. In this stage the focus was on how your previous experience fits the role.
    1-1: more technical. Questions regarding the energy market in general

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Électricité de France (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview with the HR recruiter who asked the standard questions about why I wanted to leave my job, how my skills were relevant to the role and checked on one or two specific skills required for the role. This was then followed by a panel interview and subsequent individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to manage a difficult stakeholder.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Électricité de France (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Competency based interview. Questions ask primarily for specific examples but also a bit about motivation to take on a role and knowledge of Edf Energy. You will be contacted by their central recruitment team to arrange. For snalyst roles verbal and numerical tests can be used (shl type or similar to the ones used in graduate recruitment)

Interview Questions

• Current challenges facing EDF and the enrgy industry. Provide an example of dealing with large amount of data that one had to structure and draw conclusions upon. An example of dealing with a senior level stakeholder. An example of time when had to get fragmented informationfrom multiple sources and verify these.   Answer Question

Planning & Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Électricité de France (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty laid back. 2 panel interview, You could tell they did not get along as there was a bit of tension, almost like a Laurel and hardy double act. Had move interview rooms which just shows how disorganised they were

Interview Questions

• mainly competancy based questions but nothing about whether I could do the role and it was a complex role   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Électricité de France (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Several face to face meetings and a presentation. Staff were brutal on a techncial perspective but made sense for the role. All in all the company is great if a little close minded to new tech

Negotiation

No real negotiation