Électricité de France Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Électricité de France Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.1

Digital Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Électricité de France (Brighton, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online with cv and cover letter. Received an email from the company within one week. The first round was online interview over skype. Most asked me competency based question after that a technical interview with medium difficulty level questions. After this online interview with the team manager mostly about latest tech. Last was onsite interview with the whole team.

Commercial Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Électricité de France (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a telephone interview that lasted for 30 minutes. The questions were competency-based. The interviewer initially made small talks to ease any nerves unfortunately that didn't help as it was my 1st ever interview. I was given the platform to change any answer(s) at the end of the interview but I passed off the offer. I got a rejection email 10 mins after.

Interview Questions

• Why you? Why the role? Why EDF? Give an example of a time you had to question an establishment process? etc.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Électricité de France (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was with hiring manager and senior HR manager and was relatively relaxed. Hiring manager provided some upfront details about the company and then proceeded to questions based partly on my CV experience and partly on my personal attributes. I was also offered further time at the end of the interview to ask questions about the job and the company. Result (-ve in this case) came by telephone, again from recruitment team. I would have liked more feedback on my performance but overall this was still a very positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project which you've delivered right through the project cycle to final handover.   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to make this career change?   Answer Question
    • How much do you know about the company and this project already?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Électricité de France.

Interview

Standard set of competency based questions on first interview, looking for skills and examples phrased around 'tell me about a time when...' over 1 hour. Supported by numerical and verbal reasoning online multiple choice tests. The interview was conducted by two people, one hiring manager and the other HR. Standard intro on talking through CV highlights relevant to the role

Interview Questions

• When have you explained a complex problem to a non technical audience?   Answer Question

Emergency Planning Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Électricité de France (Gloucester, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Brief telephone interview by HR before being called for formal interview. Formal interview with 3x interviewers. Was given notice to prepare a ten minute presentation on a topic given by them relevant to the job. Was told by HR that I would receive verbal feedback-was told again at interview that all candidates would receive verbal feedback. Was told that although they were supposed to say I would hear from them within 3-5 days, HR were always useless and never delivered so the interviewing team said allow two weeks and we will over deliver. 4 weeks and an ignored email requesting feedback later, I received a generic email saying that I had not been successful and If I wanted individual feedback that I should respond to the email. I have, It's now 5.5 weeks post interview and I have still heard nothing.........

Interview Questions

• What do you know about EDF?   1 Answer

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Électricité de France (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

they called me in order to have a phone interview a week before it was schedualled.The interviewer was polite and helpful.She asked me five easy questions.After about a week,they called me back to inform me that i had an offer.It was a very good experience.

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Électricité de France (Brighton, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied for a marketing role in Brighton. Had a phone interview, i wasn't really asked anything specific and then was never contacted again, not even to say i was unsuccessful. - If somebody gives you their time it is polite to at least let them know the outcome. Even when i log into my online application, the status hasn't updated.

Visitor Centre Guide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Électricité de France in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online, called for an interview, EDF provided good support package to help you to prepare for a competency based interview. There were a three person panel in the interview, everybody were friendly and informal.

Interview Questions

• I needed to do a presentation about the power station. Other questions related mainly about how I would act in a challenging situation   1 Answer

Project Management Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heysham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Électricité de France (Heysham, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I was invited to an interview at Heysham power plant. On arrival I had to report to security to obtain a pass for the site. Then I had to complete a mathematical reasoning test, then straight into an interview with 2 interviewers. The whole interviewing and testing process was over within 2 hours. I received an offer for the placement job.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to present technical information to someone and how did you go about doing so?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you've come to an obstacle in your work, how did you get around it and how did it effect your other work at the time.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you have worked with a difficult person in a team and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your understanding of how we create electricity in a nuclear power plant.   Answer Question

IT and Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Électricité de France (Victoria, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The online test was fairly straight forward, they called me back for a Telephone Interview, which happened at a good pace, then the Assessment Center, where they took half a day to analyse you as a person as well showing around the building plus lunch.

Interview Questions

• Why EDF?
      Why this specific role?
      Why do you think role this suits you?
      Answer Question