|Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at |Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts

2.5

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at |Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Had multiple interviews with several stakeholders in the business. Interview process was rushed - even included a Saturday interview with a General Manager. Disappointing outcome as one stakeholder congratulated me for getting the job and then I did not receive an offer. Sent follow up emails to Director of HR to no avail. Disappointing experience for an internal candidate. Shameful to put candidates through so many interviews and then never officially reject. It’s been months and hiring manager wasn’t courteous enough to close the loop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenging manager and how did you successfully work with him\her.   Answer Question

Income Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at |Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by the interview in person (1:1 interview)

Interview Questions

• why are you the best person we will hire for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at |Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through company website. I was contacted by HR manager through email a week after to set up a Skype interview. It was smooth and easy. Basic interview questions were asked. (What is your strengths/weakness? Do you have any experience in the job you applied for?) Then I was contacted by department manager for a phone interview.

Banquet and Catering Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at |Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts (Temecula, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Executive chef was very qualified to interview. He knew the locations where I had worked. He made it clear that I would be working 40+ hours a week at a venue that was open 24 hours a day. And he described the different venues and the different methods of cooking.

Interview Questions

• After describing the different cooking methods in the various venues of the casino. He asked me where I would be best qualified to enhance the hotel's cooking experience.   1 Answer

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at |Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts (Paris (France)) in January 2017.

Interview

The Hotel manager presented me directly to HR manager with whom I discussed about 30m on my career pass and solution of the problems. The Hr manager ask a lot of questions about previous expérience

Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at |Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple and the HR department was extremely communicative and friendly. As this was an internship, I am unable to confirm further interview questions for an individual looking for a paid position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at |Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts in April 2014.

Interview

Appointment was on time. Make me feel at ease. Strong interviewing skills and professionalism, Interview was behavioral and competency based. It was a pleasant conversation rather a stressful experience. One could understand that they know that candidates are choosing them too.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at |Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts (New Delhi (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

It should be start from your personal to professional which contain your personal life means family backround then next belongs to your carrear when u start and how many years experience you have till now

Room Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at |Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very hard, lie detector questions, tricky questions, overall description, one on one interview process, and many other challenges like security questions from security management, HR, etc, not too hard, but it required time

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and talk about your personality   1 Answer

I-Host Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at |Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

2 rounds:
    1st round: a telephone interview by HR to get to understand you better (like a casual chat) and what you wrote on your resume
    2nd round: assessment centre + face-to-face interview (group presentation and activities)

Asked questions about your background, previous service-related customer encounters, leadership etc.